|Open Date||Mar 22 2021 - 08:03:00 AM||Close Date||Apr 30 2021 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Director of Fire Rescue Services/Fire Chief CEMC Emergency Planner||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||5 - 7 years|
|Location||Municipal Administration Office|
Director of Fire Rescue Services/Fire Chief - CEMC Emergency Planner
The Municipality of Central Elgin is a progressive, growing urban and rural municipality located on the shores of Lake Erie in the heart of Southwestern Ontario. The Municipality is home to 13,000 living in both urban and rural environments. Due to a retirement, the municipality is seeking a progressive, eager, and self-motivated individual to be part of the Central Elgin team.
As the Director of Fire Rescue Services/Fire Chief- CEMC Emergency Planner you will be an active member of the Senior Management Team and a leader for the Fire Rescue Department. Your work is performed under the direction of Council through the CAO/Clerk. In this position you will be responsible for the overall operations of the department, which includes the Beach Rescue Services during the summer months. You will prepare and administer the department budget, report to and assume command at major incidents, supervise fire prevention and education activities, supervise training programs and assist in the development of these programs, purchase all major equipment and confer with Council and the Senior Management Team to ensure that the activities of the department are consistent with the goals and objectives of the municipality as established by Council. In the role of CEMC you shall review annually the emergency plan and conduct annual exercises as per the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. You understand the importance of Volunteer Firefighters and will attend training sessions and meetings as required. You understand that in this role you will be required to work long hours on occasion and that your responsibilities may include weekend work from time to time.
• Graduate of the Ontario Fire College Senior Officers Program, and or NFPA Fire Officer I, II, III, NFPA Fire Prevention I, II along with preferred post secondary education in Public or Business Administration.
• Thorough knowledge of Ontario’s Fire Legislation and regulations as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• JHSC Certified, Fire Specific.
• Certification from the Ministry of Municipal Affaires and Housing for Complex Buildings, and Fire Protection.
• Current First Aid/ CPR Certification, as well as First Responder Medical and or BTLS certification or comparable.
• Current DZ or comparable drivers licence.
• Solid leadership, team building, interpersonal, organizational, supervisory, time management, public relations skills.
• Minimum of five years of experience as a full-time senior fire department officer requiring effective skills in strategic planning and team building of volunteer fire fighters. Fostering an open door policy.
• Knowledge and skill in the safe operation of all types of fire and emergency vehicles, equipment and safety and protective devices.
The 2021 salary range for the position is $114,212.80 - $133,598.40
If you feel that these qualifications combined with a desire to work with a great team of professionals is a fit for you, please follow the application process.
Applications must be received not later than: 4:30 pm Friday April 30, 2021.
The Municipality of Central Elgin is an equal opportunity employer. The Municipality of Central Elgin will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. Questions respecting the collection of information should be directed to the CAO/Clerk of The Corporation of the Municipality of Central Elgin.