|Open Date||May 15 2019 - 09:25:00 AM||Close Date||May 31 2019 - 04:30:00 PM|
|Position Title||Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer||Posting Type||Permanent|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||Building and By-Law Enforcement||Hours per Week||40|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||3 - 5 years|
|Location||Municipal Administration Office|
Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer
The Municipality of Central Elgin is a progressive, growing urban and rural municipality located on the north shore of Lake Erie in the heart of southwestern Ontario adjacent to London and St.Thomas. The Municipality is home to 13,000 people. A prosperous municipality that blends the diversity of a rural agricultural community with an extensive urban environment that is rich in history and tourism, the Municipality of Central Elgin prides itself on being progressive in the way everyday business is carried out.
The municipality is seeking a progressive, eager, and self-motivated individual to be part of the Central Elgin team and take on the responsibility of our Chief Building Official/By-Law Enforcement Officer.
Your general responsibilities will include:
• Enforces Ontario Building Code by conducting physical inspections of buildings
• Responsible for informing permit applicants, design professionals, architects, engineers, builders, property owners, project managers of any discrepancies discovered during examination of plans and requesting necessary changes to plans.
• Responsible for the issuance of Building, Plumbing and Demolition permits
• Provides information and advice on all Committee of Adjustment applications, as it relates to building and by-laws.
• Administers by-law enforcement activities respecting parking, zoning, property standards, lot maintenance, noise and other regulatory by-laws.
You have the following qualifications:
• Five years related job experience in a Municipal setting.
• Three year College Diploma in Civil Engineering/Architectural
• Successful completion of Provincial Bill 124 Exams: Legal/Process for the Chief Building Official, House, Plumbing-House, HVAC-House, On-Site Sewage Systems, Building Services, Building Structural, Complex Buildings, Large Buildings, Plumbing All Buildings, Small Buildings
• Working knowledge of the Planning Act, the Municipal Act and the Provincial Offences Act.
• Specific and extensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, the Building Code Act and accepted construction and plumbing practices
• Possess superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Certification as CBCO, MAATO, and/or CET or equivalency.
• A valid class "G" Ontario Drivers License in good standing.
The 2019 salary range for the position is $88,524.80 - $103,563.20. In addition, the Municipality provides and excellent benefit package including an alternative hours of work programme and a wellness benefit.
If you feel that these qualifications combined with a desire to work with a great team of professionals is a fit for you, please apply by clicking Apply Now and follow the application process
Applications must be received not later than: 4:30 pm May 31, 2019.
The Municipality of Central Elgin is an equal opportunity employer. The Municipality of Central Elgin will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. Questions respecting the collection of information should be directed to the CAO/Clerk of The Corporation of the Municipality of Central Elgin.